Voter Engagement Canvasser
Location: 7500 Bellaire Blvd, Suite 762/BB24, Houston, TX
Temp/Part-time (20 hrs/week)
Pay rate: $12.00/hr
Mi Familia Vota is a leading national civic engagement organization dedicated to empowerment and civic participation in the Latino community. MFV develops, coordinates, and implements sophisticated non-partisan field programs and strategies including citizenship promotion and assistance, voter registration, and voter education and mobilization. MFV works to unite the Latino community and its allies to promote social and economic justice through increased civic participation. Year-round, MFV engages with Latino communities around six issues: immigration, voting rights, the environment, worker’s rights, education, and healthcare. Mi Familia Vota is a 501(c)(4) organization.
Mi Familia Vota is implementing a voter registration, education, and mobilization project for the 2018 elections. Voter Registration Canvassers will be responsible for going to targeted doors with the goal of encouraging Latinos to register to vote, participate in the 2018 elections and identify the issues that the voter cares about. You will be expected to build a relationship with the voters that you will be speaking with. Canvassers will report to Canvass Lead.
- Canvass Latino communities in the county.
- Engage community members and voters around voter registration, voter education, Vote by Mail and Get Out To Vote.
- Identify likely voters for the November 2018 elections.
- Increase Latino voter turnout through Get-Out-The-Vote tactics.
- Follow required reporting procedures.
- Canvas Lead will direct and supervise canvass teams during the performance of their daily responsibilities.
- Current Harris County Volunteer Deputy Registrar card or eligible to become deputized
- Bilingual – Conversational in both English and Spanish
- Legible handwriting
- Can work flexible hours, approximately 20 hours per week
How to Apply
Please email a copy of your resume and brief letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Email-subject line should read “Voter Registration Canvasser” or it may be overlooked. No phone calls please.
Visit our website at www.mifamiliavota.org for more information.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person holding this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Mi Familia Vota / Mi Familia Vota Education Fund reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staf are fundamental principles at Mi Familia Vota, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.