Mi Familia Vota/Mi Familia Vota Education Fund is one of the premiere Latino civic engagement organizations in the country with a trained and skilled staff dedicated to the empowerment and civic participation of the Latino community. Mi Familia Vota is a national non-profit working to unite the Latino community and its allies to promote social and economic justice through increased civic participation. We do this by expanding the electorate through direct and sustainable citizenship, voter registration, GOTV, and issue organizing in key states; forming and supporting key alliances at national, state, and local levels to increase civic engagement; providing technical assistance and support to other organizations; and increasing public support for full civic participation in Latino and immigrant communities. Mi Familia Vota is a 501(c)(4) organization and Mi Familia Vota Education Fund has a 501(c)(3) designation.
The Tampa-Area Coordinator will provide on-the-ground guidance to planning and strategy for MFV and MFV EF’s numerous civic engagement activities. The position will also engage in creating innovative partnerships with individuals, organizations, elected officials, media, and others. The Tampa-Area Coordinator will report primarily to the State Director and subsequently to any other management position within MFV and MFV EF.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with MFV/MFV EF staff to plan, organize, and implement activities in area communities.
- Create and maintain partnerships with a variety of individuals, organizations, media, and other entities.
- Assist State Director with the development of citizenship workshops and other similar activities.
- Lead programs as directed by State Director and coordinate activities with other staff members. Election and/or campaign activities throughout the state and elsewhere may be requested.
- Serve as one communication liaison in his/her State to identify opportunities for MFV and MFV EF, and if required and with the approval of State Director, to comment and work with media to identify partnerships.
- Work with both English and Spanish media, after receiving approval from State Director.
- Provide input and content for MFV and MFV EF for social and web media formats in the State.
- Act as a representative of MFV and MFV EF in coalition (c)(3) and (c)(4) groups as needed and request by State Director.
- Assist with fundraising efforts for MFV and MFV EF under the supervision of management.
- Work on additional tasks and opportunities that may come up during the year.
- Prepared and turn in reports of job activities on daily, weekly or monthly basis as directed by the State Director.
- Prepare and follow up on administrative matters like the completion of forms, such as but not limited to HR, payroll, accounting, and other type of reports required under the discretion of MFV and MFV EF management.
- Proven record of success in setting and achieving goals.
- Demonstrated experience building, nurturing, and maintaining diverse and effective alliances.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and foster collaboration, trust, and partnership in the high-pressure environment of campaign.
- Excellent organizational skills, and written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Cultural competence and the ability to communicate effectively with people representing diverse interests, styles, and backgrounds.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Experience in utilizing VAN or other online voter file tools and online networking and collaborative tools a plus.
- Ability to be flexible and understanding with changes.
- Must have a cell phone, driver’s license, reliable transportation, and auto insurance coverage.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and two references to: email@example.com.
The email-subject line should read “Tampa-Area Coordinator” or may be missed. No phone calls please.
Please note: resumes not matching the listed qualifications will not be eligible for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person holding this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Mi Familia Vota / Mi Familia Vota Education Fund reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Mi Familia Vota, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.