Stanislaus County Regional Coordinator
Location: Modesto, CA
Mi Familia Vota / Mi Familia Vota Education Fund is one of the premiere Latino civic engagement organizations in the country with a trained and skilled staff dedicated to the empowerment and civic participation of the Latino community. Mi Familia Vota is a national non-profit organization working to unite the Latino community and its allies to promote social and economic justice through increased civic participation. We do this by expanding the electorate through direct, sustainable citizenship, voter registration, GOTV and issue organizing in key states; forming and supporting key alliances at national, state and local levels to increase civic engagement; providing technical assistance and support to other organizations; and increasing public support for full civic participation in Latino and immigrant communities. Mi Familia Vota has both a 501(c)(4) and a 501(c)(3), Mi Familia Vota Education Fund.
Will support and coordinate efforts under the direction of the State Director and National Field Director to provide essential coordination, communication, supervision among all MFV/ MFV EF field operations which include but not limited to Voter Registration, Voter Contact, Get Out the Vote and other activities in respective state. In addition, this position will work on managing and updating all data and reporting mechanisms pertaining to field operations for the organization in respective state to ensure proper reporting to partners, funders, and other allies. The position will also work with state partners, state tables (if any), and allies to work collaborative to promote civic engagement in our community.
The duties and responsibilities in this job description are considered descriptive but not limited to this document.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with State Director and additional staff to provide update reports on an ongoing basis
- Develop and streamline data and reporting mechanisms for all field operations in the state
- Work with staff to engage partners and allies at the local level
- Assist in coordination with the State Director in cultivating funding for field operations
- Implement key data procedures and follow up mechanisms to track and contact both participants of forums and workshops and volunteers.
- Prepare and turn in reports of his/her job activities on daily, weekly or monthly basis as directed by State Director.
- Prepare and follow up on administrative matters like the completion of forms, such as but not limited to HR, payroll, accounting, and other type of reports required under the discretion of MFV and MFV EF management.
- Work on additional tasks and opportunities that may come up during the year.
- Coordinate events such as but not limited to; voter registration drives, citizenship workshops,
know your rights information sessions, rallies, press conferences, town halls, candidate
forums, legislative visits and others.
- Inform and educate voters to increase civic participation among Latinos and allied
- Work with local media to conduct TV/radio interviews.
- Oversee and assist campus organizer and Youth Leadership Civic Engagement program.
- Be able to work weekends.
- Proven record of success in setting and achieving goals
- Demonstrated experience building, nurturing, and maintaining diverse and effective alliances
and collaborations; proven ability to work collaboratively and foster collaboration, trust and
partnership in the high-pressure environment of campaign
- Experience managing organizing/political campaigns, including field plan development,
execution, evaluation and analysis
- Experience directing and managing staff
- Ability to effectively plan and implement work and manage time with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Experience in utilizing VAN or other online
voter file tools and online networking.
- Ability to be flexible and understanding with changes. Work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication (written and oral) skills in both English and Spanish, as well as cultural competence and the ability to communicate effectively with people representing diverse interests, styles and backgrounds;
- Valid ID and Driver’s License
- Valid car insurance
Please email a copy of your resume to Samuel Molina at Samuelm@mifamiliavota.org. The email-subject line should read “MFV Regional Coordinator” or it may be missed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person holding this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Mi Familia Vota / Mi Familia Vota Education Fund reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Mi Familia Vota, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.