National Director of Data & Research
Mi Familia Vota/Mi Familia Vota Education Fund (MFV) is a national non-profit organization working to unite the Latino community and its allies to promote social and economic justice through increased civic participation. We do this by expanding the electorate through direct, sustainable citizenship, voter registration, GOTV and issue-organizing in key states; forming and supporting key alliances at national, state, and local levels to increase civic engagement; providing technical assistance and support to other organizations; and increasing public support for full civic participation in Latino and immigrant communities. We are headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, with field offices in California, Nevada, Colorado, Texas, Florida and Washington, DC. Mi Familia Vota is a 501(c)(4) organization, and Mi Familia Vota Education Fund is a 501(c)(3).
Mi Familia Vota/Mi Familia Vota Education Fund (MFV) is currently recruiting for the position of Director of Data & Research. This is a management level position with a national focus. We are seeking candidates with an interest in Latino civic participation, who are detail-oriented, able to work independently, and willing to learn new skills.
The Research and Data manager will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Field Director, National Operations Director and State Directors to plan, implement and manage the organization’s research and data programs in support of its electoral and issue-based work.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare national and state profiles of the Latino community that include electoral, demographic and socioeconomic variables.
- Prepare other statistical reports in support of MFVEF/MFV programs.
- Working with voter data to identify voter universes to support MFVEF’s/MFV’s voter engagement field programs.
- Develop and manage data collection and management protocols for MFVEF’s/MFV’s various civic engagement programs (e.g. naturalization, voter registration, Get Out The Vote). These protocols must provide replicable and quantifiable data for reporting and program evaluation. They may include designing and creating databases, forms (paper/electronic), to support data capture.
- Create a data archiving process/system to help store historical MFVEF/MFV program data.
- Manage and maintain Every Action Database, ThruText & ThruTalk, Phone to Action software, Blocks Database as well as other systems.
- Support program staff in the design and develop of other basic databases in support of MFVEF/MFV programs and goals.
- Preparing statistical progress reports of MFVEF/MFV campaigns to monitor the productivity and set priorities during the campaign.
- Establish appropriate use procedures for MFVEF/MFV data to ensure legal and ethical conformance and above all protect the integrity of the organization’s program data.
- Manage MFEVEF’s/MFV various data accounts (e.g. Catalist and Voter Activation Network).
- Develop and maintain relationships with MFVEF/MFV data partners
- At least 3 years of experience working with databases and in data management.
- At least one year of experience working on electoral campaigns or in conducting research related to voting and elections.
- Knowledge of Voter Registration Databases, voter outreach databases
- Knowledge of Every Action Database
- Experience in fundraising management
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Excel and Google Sheets
- Knowledge of and proficiency with U.S. Census Bureau data products (e.g. American Fact Finder).
- Understanding of research methodologies and implementation into field and communication plans
- Understanding of long-term power building, including but not limited to redistricting.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Cultural competency
This position can be filled at any of the following MFV offices:
- Phoenix, AZ
- Los Angeles or Riverside, CA
- Orlando, FL
- Houston, TX
- Las Vegas, NV
- Washington, DC
- B.S. in Management or related field
- Past experience working with Voter Activation Network or Catalist voter databases.
- Ability to work campaign style hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of the Latino electorate
- Experience with Non-Profit Organizations
- Supervisory experience
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Additional commensurate package. Mi Familia Vota offers a competitive benefits package, including flexible work hours, paid time off, (car allowance, cell-phone stipend when applicable), Life insurance and optional 401K.
Send resume, cover letter and a list of 3 professional references to Olga Barela at firstname.lastname@example.org. Calls will not be accepted. Position open until filled.
Mi Familia Vota is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities and LGBT candidates to apply. Mi Familia Vota, does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
This Job descriptions is not intended as and does not create an employment contract. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer and employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law. This job description has been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate the jobs functions and basic duties, in addition to „peripheral tasks‟ or that could generally be considered “other duties as assigned”. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions.