IVE Organizer Job Description
Mi Familia Vota / Mi Familia Vota Education Fund is one of the premiere Latino civic engagement organizations in the country with a trained and skilled staff dedicated to the empowerment and civic participation of the Latino community. MFV/ MFV EF develops, coordinates, and implements sophisticated non-partisan field programs and strategies including citizenship promotion and assistance, voter registration, and voter education and mobilization.
IVE Organizer Job Description:
Responsible for managing canvassing, tabling, presentations and street team operations in communities with a team of 1-4 volunteers or more with the goal of encouraging Latinos to register to vote, commit them to participate in the 2017, 2018 elections and encourage family members to vote. You will be expected to recruit, train and motivate a group of volunteers and provide the proper reporting to the State Coordinator or its designee.
- Plan and direct voter registration events
- Recruit, direct, and supervise volunteer team during the performance of their daily responsibilities, as far as but not limited to:
- Canvass Latino communities in the County.
- Engage community members and voters around Voter Registration, Voter Education, Vote by Mail and Get Out To Vote.
- Convince people to commit to vote in the next election cycle
- Cutting turf for door-to-door activities for their team.
- Submitting nightly reports of doors knocked; contacts and commitment cards.
- Finish Tally Reports from previous night (weekly report updates).
- Plan and direct 1:1 conversations with volunteers or possible partners
- Organize literature and clipboards.
- Some Campaign Field Experience.
- Experience using VAN.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Bilingual – Conversational in both English and Spanish.
- Legible penmanship.
- Complying with the required reporting process to be submitted to State Coordinator.
- Reliable transportation. Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
$600 per week.
$350 per month- Car allowance
$40 per month -Mobile allowance
Please email a copy of your resume, and two references to: Abdi Lopez
Abdil@mifamiliavota.org The email-subject line should read “IVE Organizer” or may be missed.
Please notate: resumes not matching the listed qualifications will not be eligible for the position
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person holding this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Mi Familia Vota / Mi Familia Vota Education Fund reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Mi Familia Vota, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.