Houston Area Coordinator
Mi Familia Vota is a national organization that works to unite and build power in Latino, immigrant and allied communities to advocate for social and economic justice through increased civic engagement. Mi Familia Vota operates as an educational 501 (c)(3) group, Mi Familia Vota Education Fund, and a political 501 (c)(4) group, Mi Familia Vota. Since 2006, Mi Familia Vota has been working in Texas and is a recognized leader in engaging the Latino community to become active in the political process.
The Houston Area Coordinator will provide essential infrastructure and organization to MFV and MFV EF programming in the State and in all related and associated activities in regards to his/her job as described and contained in this job description. The duties and responsibilities in this job description are considered descriptive but not limited to this document.
The position will provide on the ground guidance to planning and strategy for MFV and MFV EF numerous civic engagement activities. The position will also engage in creating innovative partnerships with individuals, organizations, elected officials, media, and others.
The state coordinator position will report primarily to the State Director and subsequently to any other management position within MFV and MFV EF.
- Work with MFV and MFV EF staff to plan, organize, and implement activities in his/her State.
- Create and maintain partnerships with a variety of individuals, organizations, media, and other entities
- Assist State Director with the development of citizenship workshops and other similar activities.
- Lead the programs as directed by State Director and coordinate activities with other staff members, election/campaign activities in the state and elsewhere in case is requested.
- Serve as one communication liaison in his/her State, to identify opportunities for MFV and MFV EF, in case required and after having the approval from State Director to comment and work with media to identify partnerships.
- Work with both English and Spanish media, only after receiving approval from State Director.
- Provide input and content for MFV and MFV EF for social and web media formats in the State.
- Act as a representative of MFV and MFV EF in coalition C3 and C4 groups as needed and request by State Director.
- Assisting with fundraising efforts for MFV and MFV EF under the supervision of management.
- Work on additional tasks and opportunities that may come up during the year.
- Prepared and turn in reports of his/her job activities on daily, weekly or monthly basis as directed by the State Director.
- Prepare and follow up on administrative matters like the completion of forms, such as but not limited to HR, payroll, accounting, and other type of reports required under the discretion of MFV and MFV EF management.
- 2 years of community organizing work or other relevant experience
- Proven record of success in setting and achieving goals
- Demonstrated experience building, nurturing, and maintaining a diverse and effective alliances and collaborations; proven ability to work collaboratively and foster collaboration, trust and partnership in the high-pressure environment of campaign
- Excellent organizational skills and communication (written and oral) skills in both English and Spanish, as well as cultural competence and the ability to communicate effectively with people representing diverse interests, styles and backgrounds;
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Experience in social media and utilizing VAN or other online voter file tools and online networking and collaborative tools.
- Ability to be flexible and understanding with changes.
- Reliable transportation.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Mi Familia Vota offers a competitive benefits package, including flexible work hours, paid time off, car allowance, cell-phone stipend, and health insurance.
Send resume, cover letter and a list of 3 professional references to Texas Deputy Director, Angelica Razo at email@example.com. Calls will not be accepted. Position open until filled.
Mi Familia Vota is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities and LGBT candidates to apply. Mi Familia Vota, does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.