Mi Familia Vota
The Executive Director
Director serves as the day to day leader for Mi Familia Vota for both the C3 and C4 and provides overall management, planning, execution and leadership for all aspects of the day to day field and civic activities organization. This includes effective programs, voter registration execution, civic engagement execution of campaigns and initiatives and supports the President in implementing the agenda set forth by the Board.
The Executive Director is responsible for positioning MFV as a leader in voter participation and voter engagement in the Latino community, as well as establishing effective partnerships and collaborations with corporations, foundations, community/corporate leaders, government officials, other community organizations/nonprofits and supporters.
Voter Engagement Targets: In conjunction with Board and field operations input, set annual voter registration and voter engagement / mobilization targets.
- Establish effective grassroots and grass tops management to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Enable and support effective volunteer leadership recruitment, stewardship, and engagement
- Create a shared vision and sense of ownership and accountability with volunteers and staff
- Support the development of a high-performing MFV field staff
- Identifying, recruiting and activating influential, voter engagement and participation individuals with strong and diverse volunteer leadership base to champion the success of the MFV
- In partnership with the President and CFO, establish a business plan to achieve organizational strategic priorities, drive aggressive contribution growth, and execute the mission in the community
- Maintain effective communication strategies along with the President with MFV to inform of progress, opportunities, issues, challenges, and establish gap plans to course-correct and achieve financial and voter engagement / registration targets
- Provide and guide staff support for all MFV field operations
- Demonstrate Leadership and Effective Management
- Implements staff retention and staff engagement programs
- Model Association leadership competencies to field staff. Set high goals for personal and team accomplishments; tenaciously work to meet or exceed goals while seeking continuous improvement
- Align staff resources to maximize performance
- Develop annual performance expectations with staff that includes goals, objectives, inputs, and outcomes
- Communicate effectively and inspire others to high performance; promote accountability; remove barriers; support others to be creative and action-oriented; anticipate needs before they appear
- Manage staff in a manner that supports a productive, professionally competent work force in an environment respectful of personal well-being and cultural diversity
- Proactively inform and assure understanding of MFV activities and outcomes with the President, State Directors and Board as appropriate
- Continuously work to assure Area alignment with National strategic direction and established policies and procedures
- Increase voter registration and voter engagement targets and continue to promote MFV as a leader in Latino Civic Engagement
- Develop a thorough understanding of organizational, community and key stakeholder priorities, needs and barriers to identify appropriate partners and form alliances that significantly accelerate the development of strategic partnerships that facilitate the distribution and implementation of MFV’s education and programs into the communities being served
- In close coordination with the President, serve as a voice on strategic task forces and civic engagement coalitions at the state and local level as well as with heads of important civic organizations and faith leaders
- Build a strong infrastructure program in each of our targeted states that can act autonomously while at the same time be synergistic with the national direction and larger trending national questions of the day
- Identify, engage, and integrate community partners to deliver MFV’s community-based civic engagement programs as developed by the MFV and as rolled out to partner organizations
- Create an advocacy strategy and build relationships with state and local government officials
- Develop effective and ongoing relationships with media
- Established success in grassroots and non-profit leadership
- Proven record of success management and revenue growth
- Outcome-driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities
- Ability to manage and motivate groups and individuals
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong market, community and constituent perspective
- Proficient in computer-based information systems
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Competitive salary will correlate with experience.
- Eligible Bonus
- We offer a generous benefits package to include
- Medical, Dental, & Vision,
- Generous vacation + sick time allotment
- Holidays 12 day per year
Position Location: Preferred applicants from Phoenix, AZ
Application Process: Please forward a cover letter describing your qualifications for this job and resume to email@example.com.
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early. We are very motivated to hire quickly.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person holding this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Mi Familia Vota / Mi Familia Vota Education Fund reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Mi Familia Vota, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.