Digital Organizer Job Description
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Duration: Full-time position
Who We Are
Mi Familia Vota / Mi Familia Vota Education Fund is one of the premiere Latino civic engagement organizations in the country with a trained and skilled staff dedicated to the empowerment and civic participation of the Latino community. MFV/ MFV EF develops, coordinates, and implements sophisticated non-partisan field programs and strategies including citizenship promotion and assistance, voter registration, and voter education and mobilization.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a creative and energetic digital organizer to help us deepen and build the support we offer to field operations, especially when it comes to online organizing and communications. We have launch a major field project, and we will be supporting them to help amplify the effect of their work online.
- Develop content (including graphics and, if appropriate, short videos) for Facebook ads, then deploy those Facebook ads to reach targeted audiences, with support from our data manager, and communication team.
- Develop scripts for text message follow-up to accompany a field program, and use Hustle to contact hundreds of people per week by text message and follow up appropriately
- Write advocacy emails and send them through RiaserEdge and similar CRM programs
- Edit online action pages (petition pages, calls pages, etc) using RaiserEdge, WordPress and similar platforms
- Create and run A/B tests for emails, ads and text messages as appropriate; analyze the performance of ads, emails, and text messages, and adjust content and strategies accordingly, as well as when needed to respond to breaking news
- Some professional experience in field or online organizing, political campaigns and/or public relations and marketing
- Demonstrated passion for progressive politics and social justice
- Excellent writer, able to write concisely, clearly and quickly
- Good eye for graphic design (extensive design experience is not required)
- Technologically savvy and able to learn how to use new databases, online platforms, etc relatively quickly (knowledge of HTML or CRM and/or specific CMS systems)
- Experience shooting and editing short videos is a plus but not required
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not required
Strong candidates could be organizers with field experience who are interested in moving into online organizing. Someone with professional public relations or marketing experience who has a demonstrated interest in organizing and social justice could also be a good fit.
Please email a copy of your resume, cover letter, and two references to: Abdi Lopez
firstname.lastname@example.org. The email-subject line should read “MFV Digital Organizer” or may be missed. No phone calls please
Please notate: resumes not matching the listed qualifications will not be eligible for the position
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person holding this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Mi Familia Vota / Mi Familia Vota Education Fund reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Mi Familia Vota, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.