For Immediate Release
Press Contact: KristianR@Mifamiliavota.org
AZ Set To Break Vote By Mail & Primary Turnout Numbers
Phoenix, AZ – The Arizona primary election is today and Mi Familia Vota is already seeing record early vote by mail turnout among Latinos, youth, women, Democrats, and other unprecedented trends:
Eduardo Sainz, Arizona state director released the following statement:
“We have been building to this moment for over ten years, since SB-1070 and our campaign to vote Joe Arpaio out of office, Mi Familia Vota has been investing in this community. We are seeing these investments pay off, with record turn out from Latinos this primary. This spells doom for Trump in Arizona in November. For those of you who are voting in person please make sure to follow COVID19 safety guidelines. ”
- Record TURNOUT close to 950,000 voters have cast their vote by mail (and votes keep coming in until tomorrow at 7 pm) compared to the second-highest turnout in 2018 where 833,198 total votes were cast.
- 17.4% of the Democratic electorate are Latinos compared to 4.3% of the Republican electorate.
- 31.6% of 18-29 democratic electors have cast their votes compared to 25.8% of the Republican electorate.
Together we accomplished the following:
- Voter registrations – 11547
- C3 Calls – 402,279
- C4 Political Calls. – 424,673
- C3 Texts – 307,319
- Political Text – 22,322 C4