Voter Engagement Canvasser Job Description
Location: Phoenix/Tucson, AZ
Temp/Part-time (30 hrs/week)
Pay rate: $13.00/hr
Mi Familia Vota/Mi Familia Vota Education Fund is a leading national civic engagement organization dedicated to empowerment and civic participation in the Latino community. MFV/MFV EF develops, coordinates, and implements sophisticated non-partisan field programs and strategies including citizenship promotion and assistance, voter registration, and voter education and mobilization.
Mi Familia Vota Education Fund is implementing a voter registration, education, and mobilization project for the 2018 elections. Voter Registration Canvassers will be responsible for going to targeted doors with the goal of encouraging Latinos to register to vote, participate in the 2018 elections and identify the issues that the voter cares about. You will be expected to build a relationship with the voters that you will be speaking with. Canvassers will report to Canvas Leads.
- Canvass Latino communities in the county.
- Engage community members and voters around voter registration, voter education, Vote by Mail and Get Out To Vote.
- Identify likely voters for the November 2018 elections.
- Increase Latino voter turnout through Get-Out-The-Vote tactics.
- Follow required reporting procedures.
- Canvas Leads will direct and supervise canvas teams during the performance of their daily responsibilities.
- Current registered voter or eligible to register to vote
- Bilingual – Conversational in both English and Spanish
- Legible handwriting
- Can work flexible hours, approximately 30 hours per week
How to Apply
Please email a copy of your resume and brief letter of interest to: Anakarinar@mifamiliavota.org
Email-subject line should read “Voter Registration Canvasser” or it may be overlooked. No phone calls please.
Visit our website at www.mifamiliavota.org for more information.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person holding this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Mi Familia Vota / Mi Familia Vota Education Fund reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Mi Familia Vota, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.