Join our team! Here are the job opportunities we currently have available:
Mi Familia Vota – Grants Manager Job Description
Mi Familia Vota/Mi Familia Vota Education Fund (MFV) is one of the premier Latino non-partisan civic engagement organizations in the country, with a mission to foster the empowerment and civic participation of the Latino community. MFV works to unite the Latino community and its allies to promote social, environmental and economic justice through increased civic participation. This is done primarily through:
- Expanding the electorate with direct, sustainable citizenship, voter registration, education and mobilization in key states
- Issue organizing and advocacy around immigration, education, voting rights, environmental justice, workers rights and health care
- Developing leadership in the community with a special focus on youth
Mi Familia Vota is recruiting for a strategic Grants Manager whose primary focus is to enhance the grants funding model for the organization through the identification of new sources of support in the grants world (public and private support). This will include the development of a sustainable and effective grants program, schedule, and structures. Duties for the Grants Manager will include managing the overall grant effort, documenting payments and expenditures, optimizing the grant administration process, preparing progress and stewardship reports, ensuring compliance with grant regulations, developing and submitting grant proposals, managing grant databases, and preparing financial reports. The successful applicant will possess the skills and expertise in successful grants management that will aid Mi Familia Vota in serving the public by securing continuous funding and increasing funding opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role should have superior writing and organizational skills, a familiarity with the grant’s world and foundations overall. The Grants Manager should be able to write coherent, organized, and compelling proposals, re-enforce relationships with donors, ensure that grant programs operate efficiently, and streamline grants administration. Additionally, the incumbent will need to have a sound understanding of financial principles and assist in maintaining the fiscal integrity of the organization, as well as support theDevelopment Director. Applicants should possess a knowledge of fundraising principles and have a passion for the mission of MFV. The Grants Manager should work seamlessly with fundraising consultants and the grants process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Write, submit, and manage grant proposals
- Manage the grant database (Every Action) including filing submitted grants and signed MOU’s
- Manage documents, timelines and deliverables
- Develop and distribute financial reports in coordination with the Financial Department ● Optimize the grant administration process
- Research of grant opportunities; write and submit grants, advocate for opportunities, submit financials, track submissions, provide stewardship reports
- Respond to grant data requests and inquiries from internal and external audiences, including preparation of data and generation of reports
- Ensure compliance with IRS regulations and Foundation requirements for grants ● Negotiate and facilitate sensitive issues in the grant-making process
- Develop professional and respectful work relationships with colleagues ● Display adherence to the organization’s mission
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs ● Position reports directly to the Development Director
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, creative writing or related field ● Proficient with MS Office Word, Excel, Adobe, G Suite and online grant portals ● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of initiative, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills ● Ability to manage a large portfolio of grants and reporting schedules
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects with minimal supervision in a deadline driven environment
- High level of flexibility and responsiveness with the ability to shift priorities quickly and organizational demands
- Confidentiality of sensitive materials and issues
- Ability to function and interact in a professional level capacity to sustain the mission, culture and best interests of Mi Familia Vota
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Exposure to grants administration and/or non-profit organizations
- Experience in grants financial management, finance, accounting, and/or auditing
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications in addition to a generous benefits package to include
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 401k Employer Contribution
- Life Insurance
- Generous vacation plus sick time allotment
- Holidays 12 days per year
Location: Preferred Texas or Arizona. Open to remote work for the appropriate candidate
How to Apply:
Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Email subject-line should read “MFV Grants Manager” or it may be overlooked. No phone calls please.
DISCLAIMER: Mi Familia Vota is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities and LGBT candidates to apply. Mi Familia Vota, does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS: This Job description is not intended as and does not create an employment contract. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer and employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law. This job description has been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate the jobs functions and basic duties, in addition to peripheral tasks‟ or that could generally be considered “other duties as assigned”. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions.
COVID DISCLAIMER: This Notice and Disclaimer is intended to be informational to our potential and future employees, guests, volunteers and associated partners of the risk of contracting COVID-19, a disclaimer of personal liability and organizational liability of our organization therewith, and an explanation of some of the things we’re doing to mitigate the risk of the spread of COVID-19. Mi Familia Vota is committed to sharing timely and relevant information to benefit our staff, volunteers’ clients, and colleagues. Our organization has taken all possible precautionary means to ensure and mitigate risk to all. MFV has had numerous meetings, due-diligence checklist, and a comprehensive review of summary of all relevant legislative and regulatory action taken in response to the COVID-19 pandemic that may impact our staff and community out-reach providers. MFV has carefully, seriously, and strategically reviewed and studied all Federal and State agencies regulatory requirements to enable our management team to better respond to the minimization and stop COVID-19 pandemic; as well as implemented a comprehensive Safety protocol and policy. In these unprecedented times, it is imperative that industry organizations, such as ours continue to consult compliance leadership to ensure the safety of our staff and that of the public, to the greatest extent possible, by staying vigilant to the latest compliant course of action and mitigation of risk. We fully understand and agree that in order to maintain a Safety environment, we must all act as the conscience of the organization, asking questions to ensure that the organization appropriately uses regulatory flexibilities and assistance. As always, the employees must be a reliable source of regulatory information when made aware of any violation to safety compliance. Mi Familia Vota is committed to providing an inclusive, safe, welcoming and healthy environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, clients and the public
Visit our website at www.mifamiliavota.org for more information.